Saturday 17 March 2012

Yummy Butternut Squash Soup.













 This soup has recently made my top 10 'Easy meals to make' list. I am no chef, i'm not really 100% sure if i even like cooking that much.. Baking, i love, just the making of realistic, non heart attack causing foods don't really interest me. Maybe its because i have an ultra sweet tooth. 
My mum gave me this recipe not long ago, mainly i think because it's pretty simple, so she thought there wasn't much chance i could mess it up,oh and it's cheap.. She knows me so well, haha.


The recipe is in Welsh, so here it is mostly translated..



- 1 Butternut squash
- Onion (I used 2 small ones)
- 1 Tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 20g Butter
- 1 Table spoon olive oil
- 1 Tea spoon ground cinnamon
- Salt & black pepper
Peel the skin from the butternut squash.
Chop up the butternut squash and onion.
Put the butter and oil into a large pan, and fry on a medium heat, stirring often, until softened.
Add the squash and onions.
Add the tin tomatoes and stock.
Simmer until the mixture has thickened (To be honest, it doesn't thicken much).
Add the cinnamon, salt and pepper (I only added a little of the salt and pepper).
When the squash has softened, use your food blender.

It also says to add cream and tosted seeds to finish, but i didn't do this.

I really love this soup, i hope you do to. :) x
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment